ANTHELCIDE EQ® PASTE
ANTHELCIDE EQ® Paste is a broad-spectrum equine dewormer containing the active ingredient oxibendazole. The paste formulation, packaged in easy-to-use, dial-type syringes, provides a convenient method of administration.
ANTHELCIDE EQ® Paste is approved for:
Removal and control of large strongyles (Strongylus edentatus, S. equinus, S. vulgaris); small strongyles (species of the genera Cylicostephanus, Cylicocyclus, Cyathostomum, Triodontophorus, Cylicodontophorus, and Gyalocephalus); large roundworms (Parascaris equorum); pinworms (Oxyuris equi), including various larval stages and threadworms (Strongyloides westeri).
* Broad-spectrum anthelmintic removes and controls a variety of equine worms
* Appropriate for use in rotational deworming programs
* Shows efficacy against benzimidazole-resistant strongyles
* Convenient oral paste packaged in dial-type syringe containing 0.85 ounces of paste
* One syringe doses up to 1,200 lb body weight
* Wide margin of safety
0.85-ounce (24 g) syringes
Dosage and Administration
The dosage of oxibendazole is 10 mg/kg (2.2 lb) of body weight (15 mg/kg for strongyloides). Each mark on the syringe delivers ANTHELCIDE EQ® to treat 100 lb (67 lb for strongyloides).
Horses maintained on premises where reinfection is likely to occur should be retreated in 6 to 8 weeks.
ANTHELCIDE EQ® is compatible with carbon disulfide, which can be used concurrently for bot control (Gasterophilus spp.) when administered by a veterinarian. Routine carbon disulfide cautions must be observed.
Determine the weight of the horse and dial the correct setting on the plunger, having the side of the wheel nearest the barrel on the desired mark. Remove the cap from the syringe. Insert the tip of the syringe into the side of the animal’s mouth between the incisor and molar teeth and press the plunger down as far as it will go, depositing the paste on the back of the tongue.
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
* For use in horses only.
* Not for use in horses intended for food.
* ANTHELCIDE EQ® is contraindicated in severely debilitated horses or horses suffering from infectious disease, toxemia, or colic.
* Store at controlled room temperature 15°–30° C (59°–86° F).
* Keep out of reach of children.