Pfizer Solitude IGR™
by Zoetis, formerly Pfizer
For feed-through fly prevention and control of house and stable flies in and around horses, horse barns, stables, paddocks and race tracks. When mixed 1/2 oz. into a horse's ration daily according to the directions, will prevent house and stable fly development. Solitude IGR™ (cyromazine) is a non-organophosphate that has been safely used in horses since 2001 and undergone extensive research to prove its effectiveness and safety.
- Repeated studies show up to 100% efficacy in inhibiting larvae development.
- Studies have proven it is 99.5% effective against stable flies and 100% effective against house flies with no effect on horses, other mammals or beneficial insects.
- Significant results may be observed within 2 weeks but the full benefit should be realized within 4-6 weeks of administration as the adult populations die off. Solitude IGR™ is intended for use only in equidae including horses, mules and donkeys.
- Cyromazine, the active ingredient in Solitude IGR™, is an insect growth regulator that works on the fly's chitin exoskeleton and is very species specific to house and stable flies. As the horse is fed cyromazine, it passes through the horse and is excreted in the manure. House flies and stable flies lay their eggs in the manure and the eggs subsequently hatch into the larval or maggot stage. (Cyromazine has no effect on the chitin of the adult fly.) As the maturing maggots feed on the manure treated with cyromazine, they become unable to successfully develop into adult flies because cyromazine inhibits the proper formation of chitin. The immature stage of the fly dies. Cyromazine has a well documented safety and efficacy profile. It has been extensively evaluated in horses since 2001 as well as intensely studied in other species for more than 20 years. Numerous environmental studies have documented cyromazine's safety for mammals including humans and horses, as well as birds, daphnia, minnows and other indicator species.
- Once excreted, Solitude IGR™ breaks down to a melamine monomer, a slow release nitrogen fertilizer.
- Greatly reduces the use of neurotoxic pesticide sprays and overhead fly systems creating a healthier environment for horses, staff and riders.
Start feeding Solitude IGR™ early in the spring before flies begin to appear and continue feeding throughout the summer and into the fall until cold weather inhibits fly development. In some cases, supplemental fly control measures may be needed in and around paddocks and stables to control adult house flies and stable flies, which can breed not only in manure, but in other decaying vegetable matter or silage on premises. Solitude IGR™ will provide a high degree of fly control and will give the best results when integrated with a well-managed fly control program which includes appropriate sanitary and management practices to reduce the number and size of fly breeding sites.
To maximize the effectiveness of Solitude IGR™, horses must be fed individually. This product is to be fed top-dressed on grain or mixed with the horse's total ration to provide 300 mg (1 scoop) of cyromazine per horse per day.
Daily dosage: Using 1/2 oz. scoop supplied with the product, mix one (1) scoop of Solitude IGR™ in the horse's ration every day.
Do Not Contaminate Water, Food or Feed by Storage and Disposal.
Wastes resulting from the use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
Harmful if inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Avoid breathing dust and contact with skin or clothing. May cause skin sensitization reactions in certain individuals. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Do not apply directly to water.