RESCUE!® W·H·Y Trap
The RESCUE!® W·H·Y Trap catches 7 species of paper wasps, bald-faced hornets and European hornets; and 12 species of yellow jackets. The W·H·Y Trap has a top chamber and a bottom chamber. The top chamber is baited with two attractants -- one of which is a solid contained in a vial, and the other a liquid mixed with water. The bottom chamber is baited with a liquid attractant poured onto a cotton pad. Wasps, hornets and yellowjackets have two ways to enter: either through the top cap, or through the holes in the bottom cap. Once inside the trap, the insects cannot fly out and die either by drowning (top chamber) or dehydration (bottom chamber).
- Non-toxic; no killing agents
- First and only trap to capture Paper Wasps, Bald-faced Hornets and European Hornets
- Two-week attractant kit included, refill available
- No extra food bait required
- Catches queens in spring before they build nests
- Catches workers from summer through fall
- Double-chambered design prevents insects from escaping
- Durable construction holds up for multiple seasons
- Attractant will not lure beneficial honeybees
- Made in the U.S.A.
Directions for use:
The RESCUE!® W·H·Y Trap can be used outdoors wherever there is a paper wasp, hornet or yellowjacket problem. We recommend the trap be placed at least 20 feet away from an outdoor activity area, such as a patio or deck. Generally speaking, the W·H·Y Trap will capture more paper wasps near a house structure, and more hornets and yellowjackets near a natural setting of bushes and trees. It can be highly effective to place multiple traps around the perimeter of a yard or area where insects are entering. The trap should also be placed at least 20 feet away from a known yellowjacket nest.
The RESCUE!® W·H·Y Trap can be used in early spring when the queen paper wasps, hornets and yellowjackets emerge from overwintering to look for new nest sites. It can also be used throughout the summer and fall to capture foraging wasp, hornet and yellowjacket workers.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
For Product Label and MSDS Sheet, please click on Manufacturers Information to the right.