Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Large Dogs
Seresto® – the performance you expect from a topical flea and tick treatment, in a non-messy, easy-to-use collar.
Seresto® Flea & Tick Collar for Large Dogs by Bayer is an effective way to kill and repel fleas and ticks. The innovative Sustained Release Technology offers odorless and non-greasy protection for up to eight months. It begins to kill fleas within 24 hours and ticks within 48 hours of initial application.
Who is it for?
The Seresto® Flea and Tick Collar is for large dogs and features a 27½-inch collar size. It can be used by puppies seven weeks and older, weighing over 18 lb.
Why is it different?
The dual action protection provides a continuous release of two active ingredients. The combination works like a monthly topical flea and tick treatment; however, it is designed to slowly release the ingredients in low concentrations for eight months – in an easy to use, no hassle waterproof collar.
The Seresto® Flea and Tick Collar for Large Dogs kill deer ticks, American ticks, brown ticks, and Lone Star ticks, as well as chewing lice. It repels and prevents infestation for eight months.
- Imidacloprid – controls flea infestations
- Flumethrin – effectively repels and kills ticks
Did you know? How to Confirm Your Dog Has Fleas
Special Safety Feature: The flea and tick collar is designed with a safety release mechanism, where in the unlikely event the dog is trapped, its own strength is sufficient to widen the collar and offer a quick release. Because the collar is equipped with a predetermined breaking point, a hard pull triggers the breaking of the collar at this point.
How do I use it?
To ensure the easy to use waterproof collar is applied correctly, read the complete directions for use found in the package insert.
For growing puppies, check periodically and adjust the fit if necessary.
- Once you are ready to fit the collar to your dog, remove from protective bag immediately prior to use.
- Unroll collar remove the plastic connectors inside the collar, ensuring that no remnants remain.
- Insert end of the collar through the buckle.
- Adjust the collar around the dog’s neck without tightening it too tight (as a guide, two fingers should fit between the collar and the neck).
- Pull excess collar through the loop(s) and cut off any excess length extending one inch beyond the loop(s).
- Seresto® comes with three optional reflector clips that can be attached to the collar to help keep your dog visible at night. The reflector clips should be evenly distributed on the non-overlapping part of the collar.