Starbar FlyRelief Disposable Fly Trap
Please Note: Product is undergoing a rolling change. The attractant used in the trap is changing from a liquid to a dry formulation.
Insecticide-free disposable fly traps with built-in attractant. FlyRelief catches thousands of flies; Giant FlyRelief traps twice as many. Easy and convenient to use. Excellent for use around pets, in the yard, kennel and garbage containers. Recommended for perimeter use.
Instructions For Use:
- Pull up trap top by tab until snapped into position.
- Tear along perforation below zipper. Remove twist tie and plug; then reseal pouch leaving disposal zipper bag inside.
- Tie hanger through hole in tab at top of trap. Hang the trap outside in a sunlit area of high fly concentration where flies are active and where odors will not be a problem. Be sure to twist hanging tie ends together several times and fold over so trap hangs securely. For maximum effectiveness, trap should be within four feet of the ground. In hot weather (above 85 degrees F), the trap should be placed in a shaded area for optimal results. In cooler weather, place trap in a sunny location. NOTE: Trap is not recommended for indoor use or for use against biting flies.
- The Attractant tube is inside trap bag and must not be removed. Hold base of Attractant tube (within bag) tightly with thumb and forefinger, pointing tube downward. Twist tip of spout until it snaps, allowing Attractant to pour out into bag. NOTE: Hold trap upright so Attractant does not spill out of top. You may need to squeeze Attractant tube to force liquid out.
- Fill trap to ""fill line"" by pouring clean water through round hole in top of trap. Place plug in hole. NOTE: For best results, fill the trap while it is hanging. A small watering can is recommended to fill trap with water.
- Agitate lightly to disperse Attractant.
- Trap contents should be agitated at least twice weekly to thoroughly wet all trapped flies.
- Add water as necessary to keep the fluid level 1/2 inch below the surface of trapped flies. Do not allow the trap to dry out.
- Without adequate agitation, fly larvae (maggots) may appear as a layer of dry dead flies accumulates in the trap. If this should occur, add one teaspoon of liquid dish soap and enough water to wet all flies thoroughly. Maggots will drown in soapy water.
- When trap is full of dead flies, open zipper pouch at bottom of trap. Remove disposal zipper bag. Place disposal zipper bag over fly trap from bottom up. Zip closed. Then, while holding the disposal zipper bag firmly by the top, cut or untwist the hanger tie. Place bag in trash receptacle. Dead flies in trap may give off bad odor so care should be taken to keep trap contents from coming in contact with hands or clothing.
- In areas having exceptionally hard water, using distilled or purified water may improve trap performance.
- In areas of heavy fly populations, use several traps in different locations.