Never overlook the importance of stable supplies! Keep your barn or stable stocked with all the necessary barn supplies and horse equipment, and ensure that everything is running smoothly and efficiently.
The list of equipment you’ll need to care for your horse doesn’t have to be endless. We have all the essential supplies necessary for basic stable maintenance, along with fun accessories to add your own personal touch.
- Cleaning supplies: A horse’s stall is its bedroom, its den, its kitchen, its sanctuary. It’s a dirty job, but a stall should be kept as clean as possible to prevent the spread of disease and infestation. You need to clean out manure and urine, refill the water buckets and feeders, replace bedding, and sweep the area clean. Sure, it takes time, but it will take longer if it doesn’t happen every day. Tools you’ll need include gloves, boots, broom, shovel, pitchfork, and a wheelbarrow or cart.
- Hardware and storage: Keep your saddling and tacking area neat and organized. Tack racks and trunks, saddle racks, hooks, hangers, stands, and holders can all speed the process by keeping everything where you need it, when you need it.
- Hay storage: Horses go through a lot of hay. Hay bags, racks, nets, and so forth will help you keep the stall clean and minimize waste.
- First aid: Scrapes and cuts are the mildest injuries a horse can suffer. Be sure you’ve got bandages, wraps, and wound care on hand. A thermometer can tell you if a vet visit is in order.
- Toys and treats: Reward your horse in the stable and out. We carry tested-and-true toys to keep horses entertained, and treats to make them happy and healthy.
- Nameplates: If your horse learns to read, wouldn’t it be great if he or she could see a personalized nameplate on the stall? Signs can also be informative for anyone visiting or working around the stable.